1. Data Controller
The company The Explorer, seated in Glyfada, with the Tax Identification No. and the Greek General Commercial Registry (GEMI) no. 1378001000 (hereinafter the Company) is the Data Controller.
The Company, via the Website www.the-explorer.gr, collects and processes your personal data with respect to your rights as users of the Website and Subjects of the personal data and in full compliance with the applicable legislative framework, which includes the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR – 2016/679), of the Laws 4624/2019, 3471/2006, 2472/1997, as well as any relative act, directive or opinion of the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (HDPA).
2. Personal Data
You can browse the Website and our e-shop without providing any personal information of yours and without registering your personal data. In certain cases, however, we collect and process your personal data, like for instance contact information (full name, address, telephone number, email) or financial information (such as the Tax Identification No. in the event of issuance of an invoice).
3. Processing Purposes
We collect and process your personal data only to the extent that this is necessary for servicing you within the framework of conducting transactions with our e-shop or of contacting you and solely for the purposes mentioned below:
- For the management of your registration as a user of the Website www.the-explorer.gr.
- To service the transactions being realized in our e-shop and more specifically, the orders’ management, the invoicing, the execution and the delivery of the orders, the service of your requests, the management and the execution of any eventual requests for changes and returns of the products.
- For contacting you and sending informative messages and email for the purpose of advertising and promoting our products and personalizing our services.
- For reasons of statistics and analysis of your purchases and for the creation of a profile.
- For our compliance with a legal obligation and the fulfillment of our obligations towards the State and the competent Authorities, for safeguarding our rights and our claims, as well as in cases where we may use them before the Courts or where the processing is required pursuant to the mandates of the applicable legislation.
More specifically, with respect to sending promotional emails, the processing of your data is realized only if you have consented in this respect, to wit if you have selected to receive emails with the relative content (newsletter).
In any case, your data is retained by us solely for as long as you are registered users of our e-shop or for as long as you are realizing transactions with this, as well as for as long as this is required for fulfilling our legal and tax obligations or for court use.
4. Disclosure to third parties
As a rule, your personal data is not disclosed nor is it notified to third parties and third persons do not gain access to this. However, we might provide access to your data to third parties for the fulfillment of the afore-mentioned purposes in the following cases:
- to banks and financial institutions for the case of executing and clearing electronic payments via credit / debit card and Paypal,
- to courier companies for the needs of execution and delivery of the order,
- to public services, bodies or organizations, when there is a relative obligation of ours by the law or when it is necessary for the defence of our rights.
5. Rights of the personal data Subjects
As personal data Subjects, you possess, pursuant to the applicable legislation, the following rights:
- To request information as to who is processing your data, which data this is and for what reason.
- To request free access to your personal data retained by the Company.
- To request the correction in the event of processing of inaccurate data, which regard you, or the supplementation of incomplete data.
- To request the deletion of your personal data, under certain conditions, like when these are no longer necessary for the provision of a service or when you have revoked your consent or when your personal data has been subject to illegal processing, etc.
- To request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, when its accuracy is challenged, the processing is illegal, the Data Controller no longer requires the data or when you have objections as to the automated processing.
- To request the transfer of your data, to wit to request that you receive a copy of your data in a structured format, machine readable, in order to give it directly to another legal person / Data Controller.
- To oppose to the processing of your personal data, provided that the public interest is not affected.
- To raise objections when a decision regarding you is based exclusively on automated processing, including the creation of a profile and this decision is generating legal results or is significantly affecting you.
- In the event that you have given your consent for the processing of your data for any purpose, this consent is freely revocable at any moment, to wit you have the right to revoke it at any time.
More specifically, with respect to sending electronic and telephone messages (email and sms) of a promotional nature and with a promotional purpose, you always possess the right to disagree with the processing of your personal data and to request not to receive such messages any longer, by unsubscribing from the relative list of recipients of promotional messages, without any financial charge and without being required to provide any explanation or justification for this. Your unsubscribing may be realized by selecting the relative link “Unsubscribe”, which is located at the end of the message or by sending a relative email at the electronic address [email protected]
In order to exercise your above rights, all you have to do is contact us at the electronic address [email protected]
6. Processing Security
Our Company is taking all the required technical and organizational measures in order to ensure the protection and the security of your personal data against malicious activities, theft, falsification, unauthorized disclosure, its transfer or access to this, and in general against all non-legal forms of processing.
Our e-shop is using the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Protocol for safe online commercial transactions. In this manner all your personal information is encrypted, so that it cannot be read or modified during their transfer on the internet.
The cookies are small text files stored on your device when you are visiting our Website and they serve to ensure the Website’s full functionality, to facilitate your browsing on this and to improve your experience as a user.
The Website’s operation shall be significantly affected if you do not accept or if you deactivate the use of the cookies. However, you have the ability at any time to deactivate the non-essential cookies, to revoke your consent, to manage the acceptance of the cookies, to delete them and in general to select the cookies settings that you wish from the browser that you are using.
Types of cookies that we use:
Strictly necessary (technical) cookies: These cookies are absolutely necessary for the Website’s operation and it is those that allow your browsing on this, the use of different selections or services, like for instance the completion of a transaction, by the execution of the order and the management of the payment, the use of security data during the browsing, the storage of content for the transmission of video or audio files, etc.
Functionality or personalization cookies: These cookies permit retaining the information, so that the user has access to the service with specific characteristics, which may differentiate the user’s experience from that of other users, like for instance the language, the appearance or the content of the service depending on the browser that is used by the user or the region from which the user has access, etc. The non-acceptance of these cookies might lead to a slow performance of the website or to insufficiently adapted proposals.
8. Links to other websites
The website includes special links (links, hyperlinks, banners) to other websites, for which we assume no liability as to the personal data protection policy they are following, nor are we in a position to be aware of this or to control this. For this reason, you are obliged to be informed by each website separately for the issues relating to the personal data.
The Company reserves the right to amend at any time the present terms for the protection of personal data, in compliance with the applicable legislation from time to time. For this reason, it is advisable to regularly visit this page, in order to be informed on any eventual changes.